Train the Trainer
2022 Train The Trainer – April 9 & 10, 2022 in Red Deer AB at Westerner Park
Invitations have been sent to those based on their participation at Branch Events in 2020/2021.
A Waiting List is currently being created. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in participating. Open (Professional) riders only.
Eligibility Requirements for the Reining Alberta Open Rider Training Seminar
The following conditions must be met during the previous year by professional/open riders that are members of Reining Alberta in order to receive an invitation for the following year Open Rider Training Seminar.
- Rider must be a Reining Alberta (RA) member.
- A minimum of a $250 sponsorship to RA in the year prior to the clinic
being held. This could be in the form of a cash donation, time donation at a
RA Clinic or Branch Show or any combination that meets the $250 sponsorship
- The rider must not hold an NRHA, RC or RA “Non Pro Card”.
- The number of rider spots is determined by the organizing committee. The spots
will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis with confirmed payment.
- RA values time donation as follows:
- Clinic – $700/day
- Branch Show Judge – $250/day
- Facility/Arena Rental – $400/day (Note: the trainer must own or lease the facility)
Reining Alberta Past Open Rider Keynote Speakers:
- 2022 – Patrice St. Onge
- 2021 – N/A
- 2020 – N/A
- 2019 – Duane Latimer
- 2018 – Marco Ricotta
- 2017 – Tim McQuay
- 2016 – Tom McCutcheon
- 2015 – Jason Vanlandingham
- 2014 – Casey Deary
- 2013 – Jordan Larson
- 2012 – Jordan Larson
- 2011 – Brent Wright
- 2010 – Craig Schmersal
- 2009 – Randy Paul
- 2008 – Duane Latimer
- 2007 – Andrea Fappani
- 2006 – Francois Gauthier
- 2005 – Shawn Flarida
- 2004 – Craig Schmersal