Train the Trainer
More information coming soon
Eligibility Requirements for the Reining Alberta Open Rider Training Seminar
The following conditions must be met during he previous year by professional/open riders that are members of Reining Alberta in order to receive an invitation for the following year Open Rider Training Seminar.
- Rider must be a Reining Alberta (RA) member.
- A minimum of a $250 sponsorship to RA in the year prior to the clinic
being held. This could be in the form of a cash donation, time donation at a
RA Clinic or Branch Show or any combination that meets the $250 sponsorship
- The rider must not hold an NRHA, RC or RA “Non Pro Card”.
- One invitation per rider. If the rider is not able to participate, the invitation may be transferred to another rider who is employed by the initial invited rider (ie an assistant of that trainer). This rider must also qualify under condition #3.
- If there are over 12 riders who qualify for an invitation, the spots
will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis with payment up front.
- RA values time donation as follows:
- Clinic – $700/day
- Branch Show Judge – $250/day
- Facility/Arena Rental – $400/day (Note: the trainer must own or lease the facility)
Reining Alberta Past Open Rider Keynote Speakers:
- 2021 – N/A
- 2020 – N/A
- 2019 – Duane Latimer
- 2018 – Marco Ricotta
- 2017 – Tim McQuay
- 2016 – Tom McCutcheon
- 2015 – Jason Vanlandingham
- 2014 – Casey Deary
- 2013 – Jordan Larson
- 2012 – Jordan Larson
- 2011 – Brent Wright
- 2010 – Craig Schmersal
- 2009 – Randy Paul
- 2008 – Duane Latimer
- 2007 – Andrea Fappani
- 2006 – Francois Gauthier
- 2005 – Shawn Flarida
- 2004 – Craig Schmersal